“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” Laura Ingalls Wilder was right on.
The freshness of your ingredients – heirloom tomatoes, burrata cheese, fresh basil – make this simple salad so beautiful and delicious. Ideal for late summer gatherings with friends or family. Pair with a good bottle of wine and fresh bread.
A simple post for a simple salad. I’d like to think Laura would wholeheartedly enjoy this. I’m certain you will.
- 3 large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 balls burrata cheese (8 ounces total), torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Wash, dry, and slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices. Discard ends and season tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes on a platter, overlapping slightly. Top with burrata and fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Servings: 4 (side-dish) or 2 (main-dish with some crusty bread)