Zucchini noodles (aka “zoodles”) are healthy, light, and delicious. Another plus, the gorgeous presentation these luscious strands of goodness make.
I use a vegetable spiral slicer or julienne peeler to make zoodles. If you don’t have one of these “fancy” kitchen tools, use a box grater or cut zucchini by hand into small strips, discarding the core.
This simple recipe requires frying up some onions and garlic, tossing in the zucchini noodles, and seasoning with salt, pepper, basil, and parm. Couldn’t get any easier or tastier. My new favorite side dish!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 zucchini, spiraled (use a vegetable spiral slicer or a julienne peeler)
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- A small bunch of fresh basil, torn into small pieces (roughly 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup (or more) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook for 2-3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add zucchini, salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes until zucchini is tender. Toss with freshly torn basil and parmesan cheese.
Recipe easily doubled to serve a crowd.