Here’s a simple one for ya. No excuse for ya not to make this salad. (I’m going to type “ya” in this post. Ya got it?)
This salad is easy to prepare and even easier to gobble up. Just combine the ingredients then toss and serve.
I make this one constantly during the summer months. Often times I’ll prepare a large batch on Sunday, then eat it for lunch throughout the week. Perfect for a picnic or summer BBQ since it can be served cold or at room temperature. Delicious either way.
Crunchy, citrusy, and fresh! If you’re not on the “light summer salad” bandwagon yet, this one’ll get ya on board.
- 1 1/2 cups dry couscous, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn, 3 ears steamed and cut off the cob, or use frozen corn and thaw
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Combine cooked and cooled couscous, black beans, corn, shallot, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
To make the dressing, mix together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.
Toss salad with the dressing and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Salad can be served cold or at room temperature.
Servings 8 (serving size: 1 cup)
Note: Salad will stay fresh for 4-5 days in your refrigerator, but I bet ya don’t let it last that long!