Pico de Gallo is an authentic Mexican salsa made with fresh ingredients such as tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and cilantro. This is my favorite salsa recipe. It has a bit of a kick to it. If it is too spicy for you, just decrease the amount of jalapeno used in the recipe. Serve with tortilla chips, on a taco, along side grilled chicken breast, or add 1/4 cup to one mashed avocado to make a quick guacamole.
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients, let flavors sit for 1 hour before serving.
2 thoughts on “Pico de Gallo Salsa”