This post is gonna be short and sweet. No need to elaborate on the “process” involved in making this dressing. Just know that you should never be afraid to make your own.
Tangy, herbaceous, and refreshing … after making this recipe, you will never go back to the store-bought stuff. Buttermilk Herb Ranch Dressing tastes great on salads and works wonders as a dip. Ranch lovers BEWARE! You are going to want a jar of this stuff in your refrigerator at all times.
Spoiler alert! Recipes using Buttermilk Herb Ranch Dressing coming soon:
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (or 1 spring onion, green parts only, chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
Makes: 1 1/2 cups (Serving size: 1/4 cup)