Appetizers for dinner. Appetizers for dinner!!! Little nibbles of deliciousness throughout the evening. When dinner is done “appetizer style,” I’m happy. Paired with a glass of red wine, appetizers for dinner can’t be beat.
I love this healthier take on baked brie. This recipe ditches baked brie’s typical buttery filo or puff pastry shell, saving on unnecessary calories. (Not to be confused with lack of flavor.) Brie, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh thyme melt together in this super savory harmonious dip. Slather by the spoonfuls onto crusty bread. YUM!
Don’t forget the wine!
- 12-16 oz wheel of brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stem and chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained very well and chopped (note: after draining your tomatoes, lay them on a paper towel and blot to remove excess oil)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Baguette toasts or crackers for serving
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients into a small 1 qt baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes until bubbling on the edges and heated through. Serve immediately with baguette toasts or crackers.
Note: Dish best served piping hot out of the oven.
3 thoughts on “Baked Brie with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Thyme”
This is a FABULOUS appetizer idea!
HOLY MOLY!!!! I could use that right now!!