Here’s an easy peasy recipe. Really … just for you.
Here in the Midwest, fresh produce is at a peak, and will be dipping soon. Thus, I will be eating tomatoes every day until the cool weather rolls in. They’re in their prime. Preferably tossed with basil, garlic, and olive oil. That’s when they get slathered on fresh bread. Keep it simple, fresh, and delicious!
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and finely chopped (almost to a paste)
- A handful of fresh basil, chopped
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- A splash of balsamic vinegar (if you’re feeling fancy)
- Salt and pepper to tastes
- Fresh bread
Toss in a bowl, taste, adjust salt and pepper to your preference, slather on fresh bread. Enjoy!